Chilliwack Hospice Society is committed to improve care by passing on our knowledge through regular education and training programs.
Ongoing Hospice Palliative Care education and training is offered to volunteers, community members and organizations, service providers, and the business community throughout the year.
Basic Hospice Training
Chilliwack Hospice Society offers a 30-hour basic hospice volunteer training two times per year for anyone interested in learning more about Hospice Palliative Care and/or becoming a Client & Patient Volunteer.
Our current session which started in January 2019 is full and the next session is not yet scheduled – please complete an application to be added to the wait list.
Cost: $125 includes training manual and resource materials. Click HERE to download the Client & Patient Volunteer Training Application Form.
The sessions cover the following topics:
- History and Guiding Principles of Hospice Palliative Care
- Programs and Services of Chilliwack Hospice Society
- The Roles of a Hospice Volunteer
- Hospice Palliative Care and Pain Management
- Communication and Healthy Boundaries
- Family Dynamics
- The Role of the Hospice Palliative Care Team
- Advance Care Planning
- The Volunteer and Client Relationship
- Confidentiality and Ethical Practice
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement
- Children and Grief
- Diversity and End-of-Life Care
- Medically Assisted Deaths
- Psychosocial and Spiritual Care
- Complementary Therapies
- Practicing Self-Care